Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What is a magick wand, why would you use it?

Magick wands, sometimes called athame and other times people find this as a misuse because they think a magick wand and an athame are different things, are used to direct energy, period.

Recently in the last decade, magick wands get famous again with the movie series Harry Potter.

I haven't used a magic wand yet. Once, I tried to charge my sigils with a pen. That might be a good example for using a wand. I imagined my energy is directed from the athame to my sigils. The pen, being a pen I like very much and use often is a good mean to direct energy.

I wrote my thoughts briefly on directing energy in a previous post. Since the aim of a wand is to direct energy and since we are concentrated on chaos magick, it is not important what you use in place of a wand. Anything would do, you can use a knife, fork, a bottle, anything. It doesn't have to look like a wand because what you are trying to do is chaos magick. That means, you are not bound to rules and regulations. All you have to do is to find out what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here will be links to a set of articles that I find useful for magickal practice, tarot readings, psychic readings and alike.